Due date for an Internship-based Master of Science degree
Applications for fall admissions will be reviewed beginning February 15 and review will continue through April 30. Admissions are on a rolling basis. Apply Here.
The following minimum coursework requirements must be met prior to enrollment in the program:
- At least two Biology courses (or related subject area)
- One semester of Statistics AND one semester of Organic Chemistry, Genetics OR Ecology
Scholastic Record (Test Scores and GPA)
The PBC Program looks for appropriate preparation for advanced study. The following are suggested minimum scores, and are not absolutely required. All aspects of the application are considered:
- GPA: 3.0
- GRE test scores are not required, but you may submit them if you like. If you choose to submit them, for applicants applying to Fall quarter 2020 may not be older than September 1, 2015.
- TOEFL: 577 (paper-based); 233 (computer-based); 90 (internet-based)
TOEFL test scores for applicants applying to Fall quarter 2020 may not be older than September 1, 2018.
For more information on the application process, please see The Graduate School website.
The Application Process
- Completed electronic Graduate School application form, including a personal statement. The personal statement should not exceed 2 pages and should address:
- Why you want to pursue a graduate degree
- Why you want to pursue a graduate degree in the Northwestern/Chicago Botanic Garden Program
- Indicate your career goals and how you expect the MS internship program to help you achieve these goals.
- Information you think is relevant with regard to your past experiences and future goals
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions attended (additional information for international students). Unofficial transcripts can be accepted for review, but if accepted into the program, you will be required to submit an official transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with your academic and research/work achievements.
- General GRE scores. These may be waived if you already have a graduate degree in the sciences.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, you must also submit TOEFL scores that are less than two years old.
- Current resume or CV.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Information regarding tuition rates and fees can be found by visiting The Graduate School Tuition web page. Students who are interested in applying for student loans to supplement any financial awards made by Northwestern are advised to go read The Graduate School's information on student loans.Back to top